Another weekend at the box office and another weekend of annalists getting their predictions very wrong!
Jordan Peele‘s Us, his directorial follow up to the smash hit Get Out, soared past all expectations making over $70 million domestically. Making this film the 3rd highest horror debut of all time! It also became the biggest domestic opening weekend of an original R-rated film, beating out the previous record holder, Ted.
Captain Marvel also managed to make another $35 million – continuing to build its earnings and get ever so closer to the $1 billion mark worldwide. It is easy to speculate that Captain Marvel will become a billion dollar earner within the next two weeks.
Check out the official top five positions at the box office below!
- No 1. Us – $71,117,625 in its first weekend of release.
- No 2. Captain Marvel – $34,271,793. Bringing its total gross in its 3rd weekend to $320,749,628.
- No 3. Wonder Park – $8,761,117. Bringing its total gross in its 2nd weekend to $29,238,421.
- No 4. Five Feet Apart – $8,547,539. Bringing its total gross in its 2nd weekend to $26,258,603.
- No 5. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World– $6,520,065. Bringing its total gross in its 5th weekend to $145,739,695.
What do you think of this past weekend’s box office results? Were you expecting the new horror movie Us to do so well? Leave a comment below and let’s make a discussion about it.